Modern Slavery Act
At Keepmoat Homes, we believe that Modern Slavery in all of its forms constitutes an abhorrent abuse of human rights. We acknowledge that business has a significant role to play in combatting modern slavery, both domestically and internationally.
Keepmoat Homes is committed to maintaining a culture where slavery, servitude, compulsory labour or human trafficking is quite simply, unacceptable.
Every member of staff has a role to play in combatting this crime, by remaining alert to the risk of slavery, however small it may be, within our business and within our supply chain.
This statement is issued pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
What are we doing to tackle modern slavery?
To demonstrate our commitment to tackling modern slavery, Keepmoat Homes will:
- Introduce provisions into our sub-contractor and supplier contracts, which place obligations on parties that we do business with, to comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Conduct appropriate due diligence on our sub-contractors and suppliers, in relation to their modern slavery measures
- Maintain a robust recruitment and checking procedure, to ensure that all employees of Keepmoat Homes are appropriately vetted
- Conduct a risk assessment of our business to identify areas of vulnerability;
- Deliver training and guidance to staff on preventing modern slavery within our business and supply chain
- Encourage staff to report concerns, and protect reporters of wrong doing, via our Whistle Blowing Policy
- Continue to promote our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.