Homes for older people
On many of our developments we have a range of Lifetime Homes. These thoughtfully designed homes are specifically designed to meet the needs of the older generation, without compromising on style. Created with longevity and accessibility in mind, these homes adapt easily with people’s changing needs as they grow older, preventing a move later in life.
Our Lifetime Homes are designed to meet a range of criteria, including:
- Large parking spaces with plenty of room to get in and out.
- Level or gently sloping approach to the home, with no steps. The doors to the home also have to have level access over the threshold.
- All rooms have to be big enough to comfortably turn a wheelchair, making for larger, more spacious rooms.
- All homes have to have a downstairs WC, which can be easily adapted to allow for a shower to be installed.
- The structure of the home is capable of supporting ceiling hoists if needed.
- Windows in the living room have to be low enough for people in wheelchairs to see out. The result is a room with large features windows that let the light flood in.